Linen Curtains are a timeless option for simple elegance. Curtains and drapes are the most common window coverings. Despite this, they don’t need to be boring.
Linen is a sustainable fabric that is very sturdy, but breathable. Furthermore, it filters light in a very subtle and airy way. As a result of this, its unique filtering ability makes for a wonderfully simple and sophisticated addition to any room.
What is the Best Fabric to Use for Curtains?
A window treatment serves multiple purposes. It gives privacy, adds to the appearance of a room, keeps the sun out, and helps create a barrier to keep the cold out.
It’s important to choose curtains that in addition to being functional will add visual appeal. In particular, in your home. Thus, you’ll want curtains that enable you to enjoy your cozy space while reflecting your unique personality and style.
Linen can withstand plenty of wear and tear that would do the average curtain in. Moreover, the type of material you choose will have a substantial effect on the overall appearance and atmosphere of your home. When it comes to curtains, the ability to be long-lasting is also essential, particularly in homes with children.
The more activity, such as touching and pulling that your curtains endure, the more durable the fabric should be. This makes choosing 100% linen curtains or other linen blends a perfect choice.
Linen blends are more resilient and durable than most other fabrics. They won’t fade as quickly and are wrinkle-resistant. Taking proper care of your curtains will also help keep them looking fresh and new for a long time.
Linen curtains provide for an elegantly clean and simple look, are easy to install, and come in a wide variety of colors and thickness levels to accommodate any purpose. For this reason, many people opt for this timeless option. When choosing your linen curtains, consider both practical and functional factors. Lighting, privacy, and even insulation needs should be closely examined to see which one best accomplishes your goals.
What Are the Most Popular Linen Curtains?
You can find curtains in such a wide variety of colors and styles nowadays that it can be a mind-boggling task to choose one that works best for your home. For this reason, we’ve compiled this list of the 21 best linen curtains that will give your home that clean, crisp, classy look.
100% Linen Curtains
Linen fabric is wonderful for use in rooms that you want to create a simply elegant, yet casual ambiance. It is light and sheer and can provide that nice airy feeling. It gives your home a clean, crisp, and classy look. Specifically, linen is an excellent choice if you don’t want it to appear as if you are trying too hard to make your home look classy. It is seamless to incorporate into any home décor and is extremely durable.
Linen Fabric Blends
Blends such as Linen/Rayon, Linen/Cotton, and Linen/Polyester have additional perks. They are an exceptional choice for added durability, manageability, and varying curtain drops.
Specifically, sheers are always popular. They permit light to pass through without any difficulty. However, you shouldn’t expect them to provide a lot of privacy.
Pure White Linen
Pure white linen curtains keep the room shaded from the sun. However, they don’t completely out all light.
On the other hand, patterned linen curtains are the perfect choice to give a room some added character.
Linen Curtains With a Burst of Color
Similarly, colorful curtains will definitely add character to your room.
Elegant Linen Curtains
Accordingly, elegant curtains provide just the right touch of class.
Linen Blackout Curtains
If you are dealing with a room where you need the added functionality of blocking out light for added dimness and privacy, then consider investing in linen blackout curtains.
How Can Linen Curtains Change a Room?
Hanging linen curtain panels can make a room appear more sophisticated. Regardless of your design preference, a great set of curtains can make an amazing difference for your home. Most of the time we aren’t even aware of it, but curtains set the mood of a room. Moreover, the proper ones can make a room complete.
Here are just a few ways that linen curtains can change a room:
- Curtains can change the personality of a room in many ways. Above all, they can have the room basking in a soothing golden warmth or strikingly clash with the furniture. In addition, they can even keep sound out or let more of it in.
- Curtains can make a room grow. Most people don’t realize just how effective hanging curtains can be in making a room appear taller. Curtains can seem to lift the ceiling of a room. While the first instinct of nearly everyone is to put them at eye level; hanging drapes high can easily draw the eye to travel upward.
- Curtains can heat up a room. If you live in a colder part of the country, heavier drapes with an insulated lining will hold back the cold air and allow your room to remain warmer. Besides, they also promote a cozy feeling and look.
- Curtains can keep the sun out. On the other hand, in warm weather, heavy drapes prevent hot sunlight from entering a room. In particular, this helps keep the room cool and insulated.
- Curtains can improve the sound in a room. Sound bounces off of solid walls of brick, drywall, glass, and cement. Specifically, this can have the unwanted effect of causing echoes to fill a room with unwanted noise clutter. Drawing the drapes closed helps absorb sound. In this way, annoying echoes can be eliminated.
- Curtains can bring color into a room. Curtains are a wonderfully creative way of adding a splash of color to a dull room. Accordingly, a subtle print can ignite interest in a room and add warmth too.
- Curtains can give a room a formal air. Use cascades and swags made from rich fabrics, cornice boards, and tiebacks to add formality to a room. Thus, even just the simple elegance of a linen curtain is enough to give the room a touch of elegance.
Consequently, curtains play such an important role in a room that changing the curtains in your home is probably the most economical of ways to renovate your entire house without having to invest in expensive new construction or replace the furniture.
Are Linen Curtains Washable?
Linen curtains are very easy to care for; most of them are easily washable. Linen curtains can be dry-cleaned if you wish, or simply washed in your washing machine. Above all, always follow the care instructions on your curtains to keep them looking bright and long-lasting.
Do Linen Curtains Effectively Block Light?
Linen blackout curtains are an exceptional option to keep light from coming into your bedroom or any other room. Although blackout curtains, in general, are heavier in appearance, the linen outer fabric will give the room a more open, relaxed casual look than other fabrics. In addition, you can even get them with a thermal liner for improved energy efficiency. In particular, this type of material is very adaptable to meet almost any need.
All in all, the world of linen curtains is changing almost every day. Gone are the days of bland, boring linen curtains. Linen curtains are now available in a boundless array of colors, patterns, styles, and thickness levels to easily fulfill the intent of any home decorating project. In fact, they easily blend in with any home décor and instantly uplift any room. Due to their obvious elegance and touch of class, linen curtains are increasing steadily in popularity. Hence, they will withstand nearly every test of time and endurance, and they create an aura of beauty in a room that is truly unique and personal.
Don’t be afraid to try linen if you haven’t used it in your home before. At any rate, you might find that you will be pleasantly surprised at how much it pleases you and of the impression that it leaves guests in your home with. The advantages of linen curtains far outweigh any of the disadvantages. Furthermore, adding them to your home is an easy investment that will go a long way toward transforming your rooms, in fact, your whole house.
Now, get the Look: Check out this video for some quick interior design inspiration on how to put it all together!
For a more cohesively elegant look, check out these 7 lift-top coffee table options that will keep your living room extra stylish and organized.